The weekend just FLEW by. Of course. It always does.
Saturday morning I took the kids to a free matinee of The Water Horse. Several people had told me that I would like the movie, and I did. I hope to review it over at Mirkwood. The kids enjoyed it as well, and loved the movie theatre experience. I did treat them to popcorn and pop since the movie itself was free!
It was early afternoon by the time we got home and the weather was lovely. The kids played outside and I worked on getting James and Suzy's picture frames completed. I have felt guilty for YEARS now knowing that these were not done. David and Emily's were completed as soon as they turned two. If I can get the camera to work, I'll take a photo.
We went out to dinner Saturday night, as a reward for the kids earning behavior points. They chose Applebee's and enjoyed greatly their evening out. However, I think they would have been just as happy with sitting at a tall table with just glasses of pop and straws. And that would have been a good deal cheaper! lol We almost NEVER eat out, so it was a good experience, but I don't think we'll visit Applebee's again, at least not any time soon. I was not pleased with the food. The service, though, was excellent.
After church today, we watched ET: The Extra-Terrestrial. Love that movie, although I could have done without all the swearing in it! Seriously thinking of getting the ClearPlay DVD player.
I finished my yearbook pages this weekend and submitted those - finally. I was two weeks late. Bad Lisa.
I also added a bunch of books to my paperbackswap bookshelf and sorted some things I have for sale.
Tonight after youth group, Bob put the younger kids to bed and David and I watched Signs. No, the alien life form theme for today was not intentional, but it was a great contrast of movies. I adore Signs - even made Bob watch it with me once. If you know Bob at all, you'll know he doesn't watch movies much. The message in Signs is much more valuable than that of ET, but both are enjoyable movies. And yes, I cried. For both.
Wow, it was kind of a movie weekend, wasn't it? lol
Tomorrow is the end of the month. I didn't read much. My intention was to write, but I didn't write anything. Sigh. Life is so full. I must make time for it though or it will never happen.
I redid our schedule - stripping it to its bare necessities in preparation for the soccer season and my burnout on working full time and trying to oversee the education of four children. We're going to focus on Bible first, then math and language arts, as well as their household responsibilities. If there is extra time in a day (snort!), we'll fit in science, history, art, and the like. I used to be an eclectic homeschooler, but now I think I'm a minimalist homeschooler.
This will be a busy week - Bob's mom's surgery and hospital stay, David and Emily's soccer practices, two theatre performances to attend, an art class for David and Emily, Pioneer Club, Bob's men's group, and another co-op session THIS Friday (since I messed up the schedule when I made it). I wouldn't be surprised if James' soccer coach called to announce practice this week as well. Suzy's coach sent the schedule but said they'd wait for the weather to be warmer before having practice and maybe not even have one before the first game on the 19th.
April 5th is our last free Saturday before soccer begins as next week we have plans on Saturday. I think we'll rent a carpet shampooer this weekend and get these carpets cleaned.
I am now officially looking forward to the homeschool convention - it's the first weekend in May. Only a month away! Guess I should send in my registration, eh? I asked for that Friday night off work. Hopefully they'll give it to me!
EDITED - After I posted this, I realized I watched a movie Saturday night too - The Wedding Planner, to make a total of FOUR movies for the weekend! LOL
8 years ago
4 comments:
You sure do pack a lot into a weekend!
We will keep Bob's mom in our prayers. Love, Mom
Sounds like a nice, busy weekend -- sure missed talking to you though! Talk to you soon, I hope! Jen
It's nice to have a weekend of movies every once in a while!
Wow, now that's an update! Sounds like a very pleasant weekend. Is it fun having a kid old enough to watch big kid movies? I'll bet it is!
Post a Comment