We also had a treasure hunt for the Easter baskets today. Each kid had his or her own hunt to find the baskets. Before you go thinking how creative I am, let me point out I use ready-made treasure hunts from a Klutz book called The Treasure Hunt Book (see product link below). V. cool.
Lunch was ham, salad, rolls, whipped Jello, and slushies. (Yes, the recipe came from Taste of Home magazine!) We were supposed to have scalloped potatoes, but they weren't quite done (despite following the Taste of Home recipes - wince - so we had those for dinner instead with leftover ham. The slushies were a big hit! (And, yes, those ARE my Lord of the Rings goblets. I need one more. They do still light up! Cool, huh? Everyone needs a set of these!)
My parents had sent home an Easter 'bag' for the kids (see pic) and they opened that to find yummy chocolate bunnies and jellybeans! Thanks, Mom and Dad!
I took a 3 hour (!?) nap this afternoon. Wow, that was nice.
The kids played outside. It was chilly but sunny and sort of had a springtime feel in the air. They built some kind of house from sticks for over an hour and were all excited to come tell me about it!
We went to an Easter breakfast at church this morning, which was nice and relaxed. There was a drama about the resurrection. Then the actual church service followed. The pastor is doing a series of sermons based on Max Lucado's book 3:16. (see link below). There are video clips that go along with each section. I really find Lucado's stuff valuable so I am enjoying the series. A special Easter choir also did a short presentation which was lovely. Wish I could have been in it. One of these days I'd like to participate in something like that. I love to sing.






2 comments:
I like your family photos... I voted for C. Well, even if you did some celebrating technically late, it's better than not at all! Your nap sounds wonderful.
I really like David's haircut! The Easter basket hunt reminds me of a childhood Easter where I awoke to find a tag by my bed saying "Ittap, Ittap, follow this string" (Ittap being "Patti" spelled backward) The tag was attached to a string which led me roundabout through the house and at the other end was my Easter basket." Love, Mom
Post a Comment