I was tagged by my sister Denise to describe in 10 things what my life was like half my age ago...
Let's see - Half my life ago I was 20-1/2. The year would have been 1987 and on into early 1988.
1 - I was in my senior year of college.
2 - I was engaged to be married and the wedding was in June 1988.
3 - So, I was busy with wedding plans. My mom was a huge help since I was trying to plan a wedding that was over an hour away at a church I didn't attend. lol
4 - I lived in an off-campus, college-owned apartment building my senior year, with 2 other college women.
5 - I had a job cleaning offices early in the morning and I used my walkman to listen to music to lessen the boredom. Def Leppard, Journey, Van Halen etc... (Hey, wait, that's still what I listen to! lol)
6 - I also worked in the college financial aid office, mostly doing filing and paperwork.
7 - I taught Spanish to elementary students at a nearby school for college credit.
8 - I often drove to Bob's parents' house to visit for the weekend since he was already graduated and working fulltime. (He lived with his parents, obviously.)
9 - I was the editor of my college yearbook and blasted the above-listed music loudly from the yearbook office in the student affairs building, which I am sure was much appreciated by those in charge at my Christian college.
10 - I visited the tanning salon 2-3 times a week to be tanned for my graduation and wedding. The only time in my life I've been really tan! lol
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wow, you were a busy lady!
That was really interesting!
i remember how tan you were too!- jfd
Post a Comment