Monday, March 10, 2008

Literary Story Analyst

Was reading THIS blog post today and skimming pretty fast, but then thought, "WHAT? What did I just read?" Backed up and read this:

"Over a twenty year period, I read Jane Austen's novels literally thousands of times. Why this obsession? Because my job at Warner Bros. Studios, where I work as the literary story analyst, reading novels to see if they would make movies, means that my day is filled with reading modern commercial fiction."

What? Did you read what her DAY JOB is?

She is a literary story analyst. She reads NOVELS to see if they would make MOVIES.

They pay people to do that?! I WANNA DO IT!!!!

So, if you know me at all, you know I did a google search. This book came up and I've just requested it at the library. Careers for Bookworms and Other Literary Types

Also found this description of the job from the LA Times.

Still in awe - READING NOVELS TO SEE IF THEY WOULD MAKE MOVIES....

But, we can't move to California. Anyone following the homeschool situation there!? Terrible!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm.... you could to move out to CA- you have an education degree! THey'll let you teach your kids- just not the rest of us!

M

And I think I'd like her job too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, now that is a perfect match for you!

Denise Bryant said...

That's so your perfect job!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about the ideal job!

I do hope California is not about to set the tone for the nation.

Evidently the judge is illiterate, and unable to read the statistical evidence that shows no difference in test scores between children taught by plain parents and those taught by parents who are certified teachers?

(And let us not forget what the statistics show on the difference between homeschooled children and children being taught by certified teachers in public schools...)

Thanks for letting me know where to find you!

Niffercoo said...

Yep, that would be THE job for you! :) I hope you can figure out how to apply! LOL
Jen