Thursday, March 6, 2008

Emily Turned Eleven and Misc. Other Stuff

Art class was cancelled today due to snow - at the teacher's home which apparently is south of us. We didn't get a lot of snow, not even what was forecasted.

We also did not go to the creation science seminar. It was raining Monday and I was not inclined to go anywhere. Since the kids did not complain, I was happy to just stay home. You might not believe what a homebody I've become since I HAVE to leave the house Monday-Friday for work.

Emily's 11th birthday was Tuesday. I have pictures, but they are still on the camera. We had a cake and ice cream for lunch and pizza! After lunch, she opened her presents - Suzy had wrapped up some little things for her, and I had a gift for James to give her. I had chosen a jewelry box for her gift from her dad and me. I also chose a small selection of jewelry to put in it. She is also getting her ears pierced.

I have to type in the stuff I have written on the new novel! I have quite a few handwritten pages done in my notebook. I think I have a handle on my main characters now - that was my struggle before now. They were not real to me. What I needed was their motivations and now I have it.

I have also written a synopsis of Forget-Me-Not (my first novel, in case you forgot). It's way boring though, and I need to tighten it up and make it more compelling. Synopses are apparently required for submission to either a publisher or an agent, rather than the actual novel. Then comes the query letter and off it goes!

I am LOVING Pandora internet radio. If you have a high speed connection, check it out. It's free.

Installed the second RAM card into the computer, so now I have 1GB RAM. It took all of maybe 5 minutes from the moment I opened the package to the moment I restarted the computer. And it was less than $30. I highly recommend this upgrade as something you can easily do yourself for cheap!

Have been listening to Pride and Prejudice in the car. Was called a 'nerd' at work (in a "loving" way, heh) for reading the humongous doorstop volume entitled The Annotated Pride and Prejudice. Also there was much derision from the men toward the movie version, especially those men whose girlfriends or wives had forcibly requested them to view the movie with them. LOL I need to post David and Emily's 'reviews' (for lack of a better term) of the movie. Will do that on Cornerstone Academy blog, I think.

Oh yes, here's something interesting. A police detective knocked on our door this morning. Apparently someone with a car like mine robbed a bank in a nearby town the other day. He showed Bob a picture of the bank robber and asked if we let anyone borrow the car. Um. Nope. And no, we didn't rob the bank either. lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily with pierced ears, yes, she is growing up, isn't she?
Were the kids impressed with a detective at the door????? How weird!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...they must have run a registration check on vehs like that in the area or something! Weird.

Denise Bryant said...

Yes, pierced ears! wow! That's so odd that the policy stopped by, seems like not so smart detective work to me.