Saturday, July 26, 2008

Under the bridge

David called after I left for work, sounding very upset.

Evidently he lost his glasses at camp.

In the water. Under the bridge.

Sigh.

I guess that adds something else for me to do tomorrow. Take David to the cheap glasses place and order him some new glasses. I don't think he has any spares since his previous pair broke, if I recall correctly. I believe he has used up his glasses insurance benefit for this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In more cheerful news, I am now officially laid off! I don't know yet if I will go back to work at all when called back. My decision will come when I see how long the lay-off will be and how if any writing work is lined up. Some are predicting a long layoff; some say only a week. No one knows, probably not even the boss. I do still have two vacation days to use up too.

Tomorrow - pick up Angel Food, connect with David (someone else is bringing him back), probably order him glasses unless he found his, take him to a birthday party (which won't be much fun since he probably won't be able to see anything), Bob needs to go pick up a used stove we are buying from one of my coworkers, oversee the chores around here

Sunday - church, family time, I am going with friends to see Mamma Mia

~~~~~~~~~~
Man, am I TIRED. This has been a long long week. I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, you did say you were afraid of bridges! Bummer.
Christy