Monday, July 7, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook

Simple Woman's Daybook
FOR TODAY - July 7, 2008


Outside my Window... a dying yellowjacket that David just squirted with insecticide. Actually it's INSIDE my window - between the screen and the glass. Yeah, I like nature, but not stinging insects.

I am thinking...that this week will be busier than last week, but not as busy as next week.

I am thankful for... fun family memories, like sleeping in a tent in the yard.

From the kitchen... I should bake something, but it's going to be hot. I also should make some lunch soon. It will be something easy without using the oven.

I am creating... a portfolio of writing samples.

I am going... back to work today after four days off.

I am wearing... brightly colored plaid shorts and a sapphire blue t-shirt with a quasi-vintage bowling logo "Galaxie Bowl", bare feet, hair twisted up untidily in a clip

I am reading...just finished Cockatiels for Dummies, still reading Journey by Angela Elwell Hunt and Persuasion by Jane Austen (audiobook)

I am hoping... to ride my bike more this week

I am hearing... Indescribable (Agape Worships), You are Good (Crossroads Live Worship), Everlasting God (Crossroads Live Worship), Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus (Jared Scholz), All Things Are Possible (Lindsey Wallace)

Around the house... the detritus of a weekend outside - sleeping bags, pillows, books, picnic basket, swimsuits, etc...

One of my favorite things... A Frozen Coke (yesterday I had a frozen Orange Crush Cream - yummy! tasted like an orange push-up)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... working every evening, visiting a friend to swim, going to the beach, kids need to get their rooms clean, going to the theatre for a cheap matinee, a farewell picnic for our pastor, my Jane Austen book club

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
James took this picture - it's something I would have walked right by and not even noticed. Or if I didn notice it, I would have thought, "Someone needs to clean that off." But James saw how interesting it is and realized it is part of nature and wanted to document it. (I have no idea what will hatch from this egg case or pupa - anyone know?)












From The Simple Woman:
NOW! It is YOUR turn to share YOUR daybook. BUT IF YOU ARE TAKING PART FOR THE FIRST TIME, PLEASE GO here FIRST FOR THE GUIDELINES BEFORE SIGNING Mister Linky! Please remind anyone finding this idea from your personal blog, to make sure to give credit and come sign Mister Linky first before taking part.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how James "sees" things! He is your little nature guy, isn't he? Love, Mom
P.S. Why do I always have to sign in the verification letters on your blog but not on other people's blog????

Sandra said...

It's always fascinating watching things through a child's view, isn't it? I wonder what will grow from that egg.

Have a great day!

Lisa said...

Detritus. I like a woman who uses the word detritus. That could be the title of my blog! LOL! Blessings to you and your lovely family! So nice to peek in on you through Simple Woman's window today. &:o)

Anonymous said...

what a great image, thanks for sharing!
I like frozen cokes too. ;)

Thia said...

I too miss the cooler baking weather. I keep finding these great recipes, but am not willing to heat the house up for them.

A happy heart at home said...

Sounds like you had a busy week!

~Susan