Saturday, July 19, 2008

KICK! Soccer Camp Revisited

Soccer Camp was AWESOME! I am so glad I got to be there tonight to see it! James and Suzy were very blessed to be a part of it.

This was a soccer camp/vacation Bible school, so the kids had songs, stories, skits, etc... along with their soccer skills training and games. High Power Soccer Camp is the name and evidently it's created by AWANA. This is the second year we've participated and I hope they do it again next year.

Tonight, we all started in the sanctuary where the kids sang the songs they learned this week, led by the high-energy VBS organizer and accompanied by a 4 person band. Uncle Mac came out and did a skit with two kids - very professional! A Bible lesson was given by a bubbly young woman who taught the kids about Growing in Christ - she did a science experiment too. Uncle Mac came back out and did another experiment that illustrated the lesson. They gave away 9 science kits as prizes tonight.

Then the kids went with their leaders into small groups to discuss the lesson. Afterwards the whole group had pictures taken and we headed over to the fields where they started with relay races and ended with soccer games vs. the parents and teens. Water was freely available; snacks were provided. Then back into the church for ice cream.

Each child got a t-shirt and soccer ball. Cost for the whole thing? $10 per child. [or maybe it was $15? Now I am second-guessing myself, but too lazy to go look. lol ..... Ok, I looked it up. It was $15.]

I didn't get any pictures of it, but maybe someone who was there will have some for me. I ran into LOTS of people I know. We did AWANA at this church for 2 years and several homeschooling families I know also attended the camp.

FUN! So glad I took the night off for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

sure does!- Janet