Friday, July 11, 2008

Hooky

Today was homeschool beach day and the weather was again GORGEOUS! 84, sunny, low humidity. PERFECT!

So perfect, in fact, that I couldn't tear myself away from the beach to go to work.

Yep. I called in. First time I ever did that.

We stayed at the beach until almost 5pm. I couldn't believe how fast the afternoon slipped away.

Lately I also am coming to deeply realize how much I am missing by working full time. Of course, I knew it before, but it really becomes clear on days like today - when I can just relax with my kids.

I will soon be home with them - working on my business, yes, but I'm sure that will be about the same amount of time I was putting in on co-op and my teaching. Oh, please pray this will work out!

We were going to the movie in the park tonight too, but a thunderstorm blew up just about the time we were planning to head out. I called and it was canceled. Darn.

Bob went to his men's meeting tonight by himself! First time he could go and not take the kids.

One more day til the weekend!

Still plugging away on my website. I've gotten it mostly done with FrontPage. The host apparently doesn't really prefer clients to use FP because it's outdated technology. But it's all I can manage right now. The learning curve is too steep on anything else. I don't have time to learn it. Later. Later. Truly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you!- just call it a " mental health day" - Janet

Anonymous said...

I was going to say- could you barter with somone to set up a website for you? in return you could do whatever.. you must know someone!

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to hearing about your business when you come in August! Love, Mom