LAID OFF! I AM LAID OFF! WOO-HOO!!!!
Today they asked for 3 volunteers to take lay-off. I volunteered with no hesitation. Also 7 people were laid off on 1st shift and 4 on 3rd.
I am supposed to call each Friday to see if they want me to start back the following Monday. I get my health insurance for the first month; after that it is available to me through COBRA if I want it. AND if the layoff lasts that long.
If you're wondering why I am excited about it, this means I get to collect unemployment benefits! So, I guess right now, I'm taking it week by week. As you may have gathered, I hadn't yet given my notice and Bob and I couldn't agree on when exactly would be the best time to do it. Good thing I listened to my sweetie, eh?
So, now I can get busy writing and still get paid!
8 years ago
5 comments:
awesome! God is a Way Maker!-even if other people think we are nuts :)- Janet
Thunk! Thunk! The sound of doors opening and closing! Love, Mom
I'm happy for you! Mich.
I'm so glad you're laid off!!
ROFL I never thought I have a reason to tell that to anyone! ;)
Yay! Enjoy writing. :)
Post a Comment