Monday, July 14, 2008

Simple Woman Daybook

For Today, July 14, 2008...

Outside my Window... Sunshine and a breeze ruffling the leaves on the trees. A freshly mowed lawn. The neighbor's daylilies. Some chalk drawings on the sidewalk.

I am thinking... about when my last day of work will be.

I am thankful for... good friends and good books!

From the kitchen... leftover chicken, leftover mashed potatoes, and leftover broccoli salad

I am creating... a mess? a monster?

I am going... to the church and the post office on my way to work.

I am wearing... denim capris, a yellow t-shirt with a flag on it, black sparkly beaded flip-flops, my hair in a clip

I am reading... Ordering Your Private World by Gordon MacDonald and a couple magazines from the library - Smithsonian, U.S. News and World Report

I am hoping... my nail polish will last through my work hours tonight. (I almost never do my fingernails, but I got motivated last night.)

I am hearing... a lawn mower somewhere in the neighborhood, my daughter Emily humming, my son James making wiggly noises

Around the house... we are getting ready to paint the exterior of the house. I vote yellow. Bob wants a darker grey.

One of my favorite things... The Renaissance Festival! I just got the details for the school day this September and am organizing the homeschool field trip.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... working Mon-Thurs, taking James to field school, pool day at my friend's house, homeschool park day on Friday, homeschool BBQ on Saturday

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


Learning to play Scattergories on our backyard campout

Visit The Simple Woman's Blog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh scattergories fun..
how much would it cost for a ticket if I was going to tag along on the school day to the Renissance Fair? - Janet

Tiffany said...

I used to love Scattergories, haven't played in years though. I am also thankful for good books and good friends. Your book club sounds fun. I was thinking of starting a book club and starting with Pride and Prejudice. Every woman needs to read that at least once in her life!

Denise Bryant said...

Cute camp picture!