Chapter 3 includes a description of the Holmes Social Readjustment Rating Scale (aka Holmes Stress Chart) which measures how much stress a person experiences. The method assigns a numeric rating to each life event. The higher your score, the closer you may be to dangerous physical and emotional consequences.
I was curious, so of course I googled. I realize I have seen this scale before. Have you?
Here is an interactive version of the Holmes Scale.
Here are the numeric counts, so you can see them for yourself.
The wikipedia page also includes a modified scale for "non-adults" (which I THINK means kids, lol).
My score is 238. It's actually a rather low score for the changes I've had over the past 15 months. If I had taken this a few months ago, my score may have been higher. If I took it again in a few weeks, it may be higher. You don't need to share your score, but it may be a good idea to measure your stress for personal knowledge. I also recommend the book.
According to the Holmes & Rahe* statistical prediction model your score means a moderate amount of life change and a moderate susceptability (about 50% probability) to stress-related illness. However please keep in mind that there are many variables that interact on health including positive factors such as support from family, friends or work associates. If you are concerned about your stress levels then you should seek the assistance of a qualified counsellor or health practitioner.
3 comments:
Yeah, um, I'm a 58. Wow, I can't believe your score is so high... I hope you can de-stress in a big way very soon. :)
Hah! I'm on the phone w/ Debbie now and thought she'd want to take this quiz - she scored 464!!! eeeeeekkkkkk
my score is 283- Janet
Post a Comment