For Today, July 21, 2008...
Outside my Window... A woman and a little boy riding by on bicycles. Makes me want to go bike riding. The sky is overcast and there is a slight breeze. It's cooler today.
I am thinking... about which cell phone I want. It's still so confusing! I think I have what I want and then I realize it doesn't have this or that and so I go looking for something else and then there's something about that one that doesn't sit just right and so on. I need to just Pick One.
I am thankful for... a good relationship with my teenage son.
From the kitchen... Absolutely nothing. I should probably get in there and cook something.
I am creating... a new novel, set in the 1940's
I am going... to see Mamma Mia on Sunday with some fun ladies!
I am wearing... khaki green shorts and a green and white print shirt, no shoes, my hair is freshly washed and just hanging here, no makeup - yet
I am reading... The Broken Window by Jeffery Deaver and the latest Good Housekeeping magazine. Wishing I would magically be able to understand The Silmarillion as I have been halfway through it for MONTHS.
I am hoping... my son has a wonderful time at camp and comes back on fire for the Lord (and not girl-crazy!)
I am hearing... Manic Monday by Relient K (yes, it's the same song from the Bangles, with a couple lyric changes). Evidently David downloaded it.
Around the house... David's camp stuff, piles of curriculum waiting for a chance to sort, piles of books waiting for the same thing, my freelance writing and website design books, and bags of school supplies I bought at Walmart yesterday
One of my favorite things... shopping for school supplies! There's just something about new notebooks and fresh folders that I love!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... taking the 3 youngest kids to a cheap matinee, Beach Day, library visit, probably taking Wednesday night off because Bob is going to be gone
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
David's luggage for camp.
5 comments:
This year I was blessed and the teens came back from camp unscathed by summer crushes. :) AND touched by God...
Hope it goes that way for you too!
I love to buy school supplies, too! Packs of notebook paper, pens, folders, etc.! (Good I have an office to make use of all that!...and Christmas stockings!!!) And, every year about this time, I think about bulletin boards, etc. So I understand!! Love, Mom
We're big Relient K fans here as well! That's a great song!!
I hope you have fun this week while he's away at camp. We just finished all our camps last week!
YEAH!! We made it!!
Thanks for sharing,
Robyn
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/
Yes, I hope that David has a great time! I enjoy reading your weekly Simple Woman Daybook, and also just simply enjoying your great blogging streak you've been having. :)
Hi. I enjoyed reading your Daybook. That's a blessing that you have such a good relationship with your son. I thank God I have a good relationship with my two teen girls.
I'm a writer and a NaNo '07 winner, too! I talked about that on the '5 Things I Love' post under 'Assorted Memes' in the right sidebar of my blog.
My girls are at Bible camp this week. They went last year, too, and said the evening services were amazing.
New notebooks - love 'em! They were *five cents* each at Wal-mart the other day. I bought 16! LOL!
Have a great week. Feel free to come see my Daybook.
~Susan
Post a Comment