Friday, August 8, 2008

PLAY vs. Work

I haven't accomplished a lot this week. We've PLAYED a lot, but not a lot of work got done. Let's see.

Visited family Sunday & Monday - PLAY
Drove home 2-1/2 hours - Work.
Took kids to dentist - Work.
Took David to pick up new glasses - Work.
Supported homeschool group at DQ fundraiser - PLAY.
Played homeschool kickball game - PLAY.
Went to local fair - PLAY.
Read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn - PLAY.
Went grocery shopping - Work.
Set up new cell phone - PLAY.
Looked for campers on craigslist - PLAY.
Looked at one camper, made offer on it, and agreed to purchase - PLAY (sort of!)
Tried to write query letter and was stumped - Work.
Took the kids to the beach - PLAY
Went to co-op registration - registered kids, attended teacher meeting, and connected with friends - some PLAY.
Worked on my LOTR Gift app on facebook - PLAY.

A lot more play than work on that accomplishment list!

The only things I had left over from last week's to-do list were ironing and writing the query letter. Neither is done. :::exhales in frustration:::: I better get that ironing done tonight. I have a couple movies I could watch.

And the query letter....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a good memory! I can't seem to remember at the end of the day what I did at the beginning of the day!

Niffercoo said...

You've had more than your share of work this last year... I don't think having a few weeks of play is going to hurt anything! :) You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you made a bid on a camper???? Love, Mom