Sunday, August 31, 2008

Weekend Ramblings

Sunday already? Where is the weekend going?!

Friday has vanished into the sands of time - I can't recall what we did! lol I do know that I sorted fall clothes to see what we already have and what we need. Oh, and the kids did a bunch of chores - the ones we usually do on Saturdays.

On Saturday morning, the kids tried on the sorted clothes. After lunch, we headed over to a friend's house. Her husband was hosting a gaming party - David participated in that - and the rest of us just visited and played the Wii off and on. We walked around the property and the kids caught several toads and frogs. Towards evening, we sat around a fire and chatted. Very very pleasant day! (THANKS SO MUCH for inviting us, S!)

Today we went to church and afterwards we had a short meeting for Financial Peace University. Bob and I will be taking that class on Wednesday nights. We're going to walk to two garage sales on our street and then head to the waterpark. It's sunny and 85 today! After that, we'll likely go out to visit Bob's parents as it is their 54th wedding anniversary today.

For Labor Day, we will be heading to the thrift store to take advantage of the 50% off clothing sale. A nearby town is having a festival this weekend and maybe we'll head over there and see what's going on. A used book sale at the library sounds tempting! We'll probably visit the waterpark one last time - Monday is the last day. And what else? No idea!

Can you believe summer is on its way out? It went far too fast!

We thought about camping this week Tues-Fri instead of starting school, but then I remembered - soccer. Oh yeah, I have to hold soccer practice. Yippee. But the weather is going to be soooo NICE. But then again, responsibility is a valuable trait as well. Sigh.

Tonight, I'll be posting my August reads over at Mirkwood - quite a pile of books this month! Not quite done with my latest Austen read. Ok, ok, I'm not even halfway. But that's not a problem as there are still a few weeks until our book club meeting.

I also have watched movies I'd like to review - Attila, The Last Legion and Catch and Release. I have a few more movies here to watch - some Horatio Hornblower DVDs, Amazing Grace (already watched once around Christmastime, but would like to see again, paying more attention, lol), and Casino Royale (have seen 2 or 3 times, but have had a hankering to see me some more James Bond!).

Movies the kids have here to watch: Nanny McPhee, Short Circuit, Thunderbirds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Soccer always sounds so crazy busy for you but I guess you wouldn't keep repeating it if you guys didn't all enjoy it!