Thursday, August 28, 2008

Piece of Wood

RIDDLE - What do you call a piece of wood with nothing to do?
(Answer at the end of the post....)

I got my lesson planning basically done. Of course, there are supplies to be gathered and changes to be made. But the assignment sheets are done through the end of 2008. Go me!

Today was the first soccer practice for Suzy's team. Since I am the coach, this falls to me to organize. David, Emily, and James helped me and it went smoothly. I had a parent meeting first and then a short practice afterward. The parents all sat and watched then, which freaked me out a bit. lol Several really strong players are on the team and just one who will need a lot of encouragement. Nine kids total - at this age, 6 are on the field (including the 1 goalie).

We went to a friend's house today - such fun! One other friend was there as well, and about 15 kids, I think. The grownups played Scene-It. We shoved food at the kids and they stayed busy with Guitar Hero, Webkinz, and Charlie Brown. It was a rainy day or they'd have been sent outside for much longer than they were.

Random Thought - Did you know I like to talk through movies? I've been told this is WRONG to do (lol, Jen!) but I just love to do it!

There was something else I wanted to post, but it's escaping me now.

OK, here's that riddle again....
What do you call a piece of wood with nothing to do?

The answer?
BOARD!!

ROFL! That came from a popsicle stick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved that riddle! Mom

Anonymous said...

I talk through movies too!

Anonymous said...

We had those popsicles as well. Julia asked me and I guessed correctly without thinking. She was not amused.
Christy