Sunday, August 24, 2008

Activities and Announcements

Sounds as though we have a new pastor, actually not really all that new, though. The student ministries pastor submitted his candidacy for senior pastor and last Sunday was the vote. He's in like Flynn! He's young (late 20's), married with 4 kids, and on fire for the Lord! It's exciting!

One of my kids left a library book outside last night. In the pouring rain. Sigh.

Much cooler today, thankfully!

We signed up today for all our church activities - the kids are signed up for Sunday School classes. David will be doing youth group on Sunday evenings. Suzy, James, and Emily will be attending Pioneer Club on Wednesday nights while Bob and I attend Financial Peace University (Dave Ramsay).

I will be teaching 4th/5th grade Sunday School this year. I didn't teach last year because of work and actually we burned out on Sunday School about halfway through the year and didn't go at all in the spring. So, a fresh new start!

Other activities will be starting soon. The girls are in a new club called Keepers at Home, which will meet twice a month. Soccer practices will start this week for Suzy and next week for James. Games begin the first Saturday of September.

I am upset because of the soccer schedule. 7 of the 9 games for each child are at the same time. Because I am coaching Suzy's team, I won't be able to watch 7 of James' games. This is unacceptable to me. I've left a message communicating my displeasure. If they can't do anything about that, I'll have to resign from coaching. I hate to do that, but I didn't sign up to coach so that I could miss virtually ALL of my other child's games. Please pray that all works out.

David and I missed the soccer referee classes last week. Both were scheduled during our camping week, and I had planned to come back for the class. But I forgot until it was too late.

I have a couple things to do at night as well - things I haven't been able to do for the past year. Once a month on Monday night, our homeschool group has support meetings which I greatly missed. A friend and I are also starting back up our writing instruction meetings - this has to do with the writing curriculum we are using and we will meet once a month as well, also on Mondays.

Things are coming together! This week should see it all scheduled.

3 comments:

Niffercoo said...

It sounds like you're going to be busy!! There are some Keepers At Home clubs around here, and I hear good things about them! Hope your girls enjoy it!

Denise Bryant said...

Wow- sounds like you've got a lot going on. Being involved at your church is great - sounds like some really good things are happening there.

Anonymous said...

You do lead a busy life!!! Love, Mom