What a fun day! Bob and I took the kids to Lake Michigan. I don't think they've been - at least not that they would remember. David and Emily did go when they were preschoolers.
I have so many fun memories of Lake Michigan trips when I was little, so I wanted my kids to have some too.
The beach is about an hour from my parents' house, so the drive over was looooong. But once the kids saw the beach, they were amazed. "It looks like the ocean!" It does, too. If you've never seen any of the Great Lakes, well... they ARE pretty great! I wish I had photos but my camera picked today to be temperamental. I do have some video, so maybe I can capture some photos from that.
We were at the beach about 3 hours. The wind blew, the waves came in, the kids swam and dug in the sand. I read New Moon. Almost all of it! lol After a while, Bob went out and swam with the kids too. Everyone had a wonderful time.
And now we're sunburned. With family pictures scheduled for 10:00 tomorrow morning. lol Oh well.
Tonight my sister Janet took my kids to see Wall-E. I tagged along, as did my sister Christy and her kids. What an adorable movie! I laughed out loud several times, especially when the chubby helpless chair-people went rolling out of their seats and down the deck. ROFLOL
8 years ago
3 comments:
Wow- you had a full day!!
What a great time for everyone! I love the beach, too! I'm glad you had the chance to go before summer slithers away!
Michele
I hope you'll be able to get your family pictures taken regardless of the sunburns! Sounds painful!
Maybe one day you can come to the REAL beach, not just the lake! ;) There's nothing like the Atlantic Ocean or Gulf of Mexico. I do remember Lake Michigan from my growing up in the midwest, but there really is something about the ocean!
Glad to hear Wall-E is good... I told the kids I'd take them when it comes to the dollar theater! They've been to too many full price movies this summer for me to add another one! :)
Post a Comment