This is Maryann's pond on her property. The raft is new this year, I think. Her 19yo dd Erin is standing by the raft and 3 of my kids and 2 of hers are on and around it. (This video about 50 seconds, so be patient if you try to load it.)
The kids had an awesome time! I guess the birthday party guests swam for about 3-1/2 hours! Our kids swam today for more than an hour, I think. I didn't wear my watch purposely today, so that I wouldn't worry about time at all.
This is another view of the pond. Emily, Kathleen (birthday girl!) and Suzy are playing in the sand. The boat behind them on the beach is one of the ones that was constructed at FIRE camp a few years ago. James and Gabby are in the water. (This one is almost a minute.)
This is 4 seconds of me and Maryann. Quick video! (I have NO MAKEUP on and my hair was slicked back into a French braid to avoid dealing with it in the heat.)
James found a nest on the ground with 3 baby birds in it. Probably it blew out of the tree during the thunderstorms last night. They were alive when we left them. This video was a little blurry since I tried to get too close for part of it.
Doesn't James look sweet? He got a sunburn on his shoulder blades. I should have put more sunscreen on him!
We had such a lovely day! The weather wasn't as hot as they predicted, or at least it didn't seem like it! I hope we can all go back again sometime soon for another relaxing afternoon.
8 years ago
1 comment:
Those videos are really cool on your blog! Adds a lot without a lot of words.
Post a Comment