Saturday, June 7, 2008

Meet Techno-Boy!

Just a few conversations with my teenage son.

TONIGHT
Me: David, can you find the cable to connect the video camera to the computer?
Him: It didn't come with one.
Me (frustrated): Then how did we get the videos off the camera onto the computer?
Him (picks up camera and flips out built-in USB drive): Like this?
Me (looks sheepish): Oh.

~~~~~~

Scene: Driving along in my new car last summer
Me: This thing has a CD player, I think, but I can't figure out how to put in the CDs!
(gestures ineffectively at dashboard)
David: I think it's in the trunk.
Me: In the trunk? Nah. That couldn't be.
David: I think it is. There's a black box back there.
Me (gives him strange look): Why would it be in the trunk?
LATER:
(opens trunk)
David: See? That thing right there.
Me (looks amazed): Oh, wow, you're right.
Note: there is a 6 CD changer in the trunk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The other day:
David sits at the table and makes a strange sound with his Playstation Portable (PSP).
Me: What's that weird noise?
David: I'm fast-forwarding through a song.
Me: I wish my MP3 player could do that!
David: Um. Mom? It can.
Me: It can? I don't think so!
David: Yes, it can. Hold down the skip button.
Me: Really?
Later, I try it. He's right.

~~~~~~~~~~~
ME (punches random buttons on car radio): I HATE this! I can't figure out how to make it save a station.
David: It's easy.
Me: HOW?
David (gets out instruction manual and reads): Go to a station that you want to save and hold down the button for a few seconds until the station comes back on.
Me (tries it): Oh. That was easy. (looks sheepish)

No comments: