Oh wow, I am appalled at a new reality show - The Baby Borrowers.
Actually the idea of the show is intriguing - allow teen couples to try parenthood and see how hard it can be. I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to see how this plays out.
[Edited - the video I had here disappeared off the NBC website, so I replaced it with another preview that is more comprehensive. One thing that struck me about watching this is the teen who frustratedly says, "I wanna be single forever!" Is THIS the message we want to send? Aren't children a blessing from the Lord? And, oh my, giving the TODDLERS up is worse than giving up the babies. I just watched one sweet toddler sobbing, "I want to go home!"]
However, these ARE real babies. And their REAL parents gave them up for 3 days to allow the teens to practice parenthood. Yes, the real parents are watching on TV's, but do the babies know that?
In one of the video clips on the site, one mom corrected one of the teen boys for calling her child an "it." But mom is treating her baby as an "it" allowing someone to "borrow" the baby for three days!
There is more to the show, according to the homepage. The teen couple will, after caring for baby, then receive a toddler, followed by a set of elementary-age children, then teens, then senior citizens to care for. All in a three week time span! Whew!
Whatever happened to carrying around an egg?
8 years ago
2 comments:
I can't imagine leaving my baby with a teenager for three days... and a stranger at that! Come to think of it...I wouldn't let my ten year old!
Let's hope there are some chaperones (sp?) involved behind the scenes!
UGH! Michele
That sounds really weird.
Post a Comment