Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Once again, I am up far too late. It's always soooo peaceful at night here. I can think!

Today, we went to church. After church, Bob grilled some brats and we had an angel food cake for Father's Day. The kids made cards for Bob. Oh, I have to share David's with you. Will take a photo and post it.

After a couple hours, we headed out to visit Bob's parents. When we got there, his dad was sitting out on the porch and his mom was sleeping. So we stayed outside (the weather was lovely) and visited with Dad. He was very huggy today. lol I don't think he's EVER hugged me before. Suzy was really paying a lot of attention to Grandpa, which was good, since Emily and David weren't at all! James helped Bob a lot in the garden. Once Grandma awakened, she served ice cream and we visited some more.

After our visit, it was about dinner time, so we decided to go out to eat. Bob drove us out the back way and we headed toward the town where he had attended school. He was full of stories about people who used to live here and there, and things he had done as a kid. We ate at Subway (our new favorite restaurant!) and then went to pick something up from a freecycler. Stopped at a playground and then came home. The kids watched a movie and then went to bed. I called my dad and chatted for a while.

A very nice and relaxing family day!

Oh yeah, on our tour of the back roads, we saw a rabbit, a chipmunk, 2 pairs of herons (2 male and 2 female) and a deer! The herons were amazing. Everyone was fascinated!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Father's Day, I am sure that Bob really felt blessed! Love, Mom

Niffercoo said...

I'm surprised you didn't bring all those animals home with you! LOL You seem to have gone pet crazy! :)