Listening to a new Pandora station David created seeded with Relient K. I kinda like it. Right now it's playing an artist called FM Static.
Went to a baby shower on Sunday. Man oh man, did she ever get a pile of gifts! You never saw so much pink! lol Emily and Suzy went with me and were very well-behaved and interested. The mom-to-be is a coworker of mine and she's due August 8. The baby will be named Janelle Elise, I believe.
Last night watched Zoom with the kids, which I had not seen before. It was ok. Also watched Spanglish by myself. I really love that movie! I've seen it before but it's been a while. I am not normally an Adam Sandler fan, as usually his comedies are sophomoric and filled with sight gags and body humor. (I liked Click and The Wedding Singer too - again not the usual juvenile comedy.) Spanglish is a realistic insightful drama about family relationships. Aside from one sex scene, it's a very clean movie. There really isn't nudity, and that scene really does give you a lot of insight into the marriage relationship between two of the main characters.
I just googled Adam Sandler and he is just 19 days older than me. lol I seem to remember some celebrity look-alike widget that said I look like him too. @@
Set up a new couponing system, spurred by rising food costs. At Walmart on Saturday, I picked up a 2 lb. bag of shredded cheese that I buy regularly and is usually somewhere around $8. It was more than $10! Yikes! Ack! So many of the things I regularly buy have gone up a lot over the past few months - apples, carrots, cereal, salad, etc. No wonder my food money doesn't stretch as far. Time for some more money saving tactics. That'll be another blog post though.
Anyway, now I have current coupons all sorted and easy to access. Next week, I'll match up the coupons to the sale ads. Can't do it this week, since the food money is all spent. Thankfully I have the Angel Food! lol
I only work 3 days this week. The shop is closed Thursday and Friday.
Now I should go accomplish something.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Baby showers are fun! To think that Emily and Suzy are old enough to attend showers, amazing! I certainly agree with you about food prices rising. In 1964 hamburger cost 3 lbs. for a dollar!!! Love, Mom
July I'm tackling our grocery budget and figuring out where it all goes. So frustrating!
Post a Comment