I have been stuck on a plot point and have been trying some things to get a fresh perspective. Tuesday I wrote some character sketches, including details that I'll be able to sprinkle through the novel.
Then yesterday I wrote several first-person sections that won't be in the novel as is, but are helping me to work through some plot issues and character motivations. I am also getting a clearer picture of the characters by doing that. Wrote 2500 words last night.
Perhaps today or tomorrow I can push through my plot issue.
I am at 55,000 words now - have earned all my rewards except the last one (Janet!). Why didn't I put a few in between 50K and 75K. Apparently I thought it would be EASY at that point??? LOL What was I thinking??
8 years ago
3 comments:
I'm proud of you Lisa- for not only writing so many words- for leaning out on a limb and following your dreams!
We'll put our heads together and pick a cool place to go :)- Janet
Hopefully you had some plot breakthrough by now...stinks to be stuck in a spot!!
This will help you for next year! You'll know to space your rewards a bit differently! I hope you have fun writing this weekend! :)
Post a Comment