Yes, today I did write 5000 words! I am now at 24,426. I am amazed since last year I was nowhere near this until around November 18-19. It does help that JENNIFER is writing too since she has stayed consistently ahead of me in word count from Day 1. LOL It's like a carrot being held in front of me. Not that I'm competitive or anything.

Oh yeah, I earned my 5K-in-a-day badge today. (The official name is The Rally Badge and you can get it for writing 5K in a day or by overcoming a 10K deficit.)
I have written at least 2500 words every day. If I can keep it up, I'll have no trouble making 75K by the end of the month. So we shall see - can I keep it up? Do I have that much story in me?
That's actually my second badge. I earned the first one before I even started. It's the NaNoSocializing badge. There are several ways to earn it, but I earned mine by dragging a friend into NaNoWriMo
with me. (waves at Jennifer)
2 comments:
WOW, Lisa...that's excellent! Keep up the awesome work!
I sure wish I could read one of your novels!
Mich
Dragging? You could call it that! Maybe harrassing would be a better word? ;)
Actually, I'm having a blast and I'll repeat what I've told you many times already this month: THANK YOU for 'encouraging' me to participate in NaNoWriMo! It's been so much fun already!
What will you do when you pass me up on wordcount, as you surely will because I'm not writing 75K! LOL Will we have to focus on daily word count?? ;)
Post a Comment