Saturday, November 15, 2008

Drippy Lazy Saturday

It's 11:30 on Saturday morning and I am still in my pajamas. Comfy cozy robe..... Don't wanna take you off!

Rain is dripping outside and it's COLD! Bob is walking to the post office to get the mail, and I think he took the youngest 3 kids with him. I am amazed they all wanted to go for a walk in the rain!

Chores need to be done. Each child has weekly jobs that need to be done by Saturday if they want pay for them, they also have Saturday jobs that are just part of the routine. Of course, anyone who has kids (and hopefully some of you who do not) realizes that kids don't usually just do their chores - they need to be "encouraged". So, shortly I will need to provide some encouragement.

David is not feeling well today - sore throat mostly.

James got to play at a friend's house Friday afternoon - had a great time! They played cowboys mostly, from the reports I received.

Bob took James to the pet store and they got the replacement newt for the one that died a few weeks back. He has to have it at co-op on Friday for his oral report. As long as it lives until Friday, I'll be glad!

My co-NaNo'ing friend Sarah is hosting a Write-In today, so after lunch, I'm headed over there for a few hours to write, talk, write, talk, snack, you get the picture. Let me see, I believe 7 people I know personally in this area are doing NaNoWriMo this year! YAY! And my good friend Jen in GA is doing it too - and in fact is nearly done, with 49,000 words already! WOW, JEN, you amaze me!

Ok, the post office crew has returned, so it's time to pour on the speed for a couple of hours!

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Crack the whip, lady, and go have a great write in!

Niffercoo said...

It's 9:26 PM. It's time to come home from writing with THEM and write with ME! ;)

Anonymous said...

hope you had fun at the write-in!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope David is feeling better by now! Love, Mom