Thursday, November 13, 2008

Halfway +2

I have achieved 37,516! That puts me more than halfway to 75,000. I am ahead by two days! Whee!

I spent the day procrastinating really, however. I even was ALONE in the house for 2 hours and barely managed to write 800 words. Today I also sorted through my downstairs bookcases and updated my paperbackswap.com list, culled out a bunch of books that I wanted off there so that all my offers fit on one shelf. Some of them had been posted for 2-1/2 years and hadn't gone. Time to go!

And all this procrastination? EARNED ME A MERIT BADGE!







That's the Procrastination merit badge, which you can earn for cleaning instead of writing - sorting, organizing and culling bookshelves should count, right? (You could also earn it for skipping writing for 3 days in a row or spending more than 30 hours on the NaNoWriMo forums.)

I also earned a merit badge last night - writing all through my Dave Ramsey class. I wrote about 900 words there. (So you can see that my measly 800 today was really really bad..... lol)







That one is the Secret Noveling merit badge, which you earn for (what else) writing when you SHOULD be doing something else!

I have four merit badges! Now.... what can I sew them on to? That should earn me a bit more procrastination which would lead me to earning the Caffeine Abuse badge... hmmm.... Is it too late to make coffee?

5 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Strap the hutch on your van!!! Seriously, that's probably not a good solution. Oh, well. Happy typing, distraction badge earner.

Niffercoo said...

So now I understand all the procrastination! You were just trying for a badge! Is there one for obsession? LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, those are fun merit badges!!!I guess you could make yourself a sash like the brownies wear!! Love, Mom

Christy said...

Some girl scout leaders sew/iron their patches on tote bags.

Anonymous said...

cool patches! hey christy had my idea :)- janet