Saturday, May 9, 2009

Trying to get perky

Here I sit with a cup of coffee, trying to get perky.

Heh.

Today is busy to begin, and not-so-busy later. James' soccer game was cancelled, as it was scheduled for 9 and the U10 fields are apparently mucky. I haven't heard anything about Suzy's 10:30 game, so I assume it is still on. After the game I have to head over to the curriculum sale, where my friend Darlene is manning our combined table. There'll be an hour or so left of the sale, and then David and I will help tear down.

After that, I'm heading to the grocery store to ensure that there is yummy food in the house for Mother's Day that *I* do not have to cook. I have to exercise for 30 minutes today and plan my LAST Sunday School lesson for this year. Then I can relax.

Shall I back up a couple days?

On Wednesday afternoon, I met with my SOF coleaders at a coffee shop to discuss the way we'll divide up responsibilities for the upcoming year. Suzy came along with me since her siblings were all at art class.

Thursday most of the kids did double lessons so they could have Friday off. In the evening, both Suzy and James had soccer games and they both WON! This is the first game Suzy's team has won (1-0) this spring, so they were really thrilled. Suzy was energetic! James' team won 4-2 and he played solidly.

On Friday we headed out to some garage sales minus David and Bob. We didn't come home with anything earthshattering, but got a few bargains - another beanbag to sit on, a jean jacket for Bob, 2 shirts for Suzy and 1 for me, some books (of course! including a hardcover copy of one I lent out and never got back), a VCR (yay! Even though David did fix ours.), and a cute pair of earrings. I think that's it, but maybe I'm missing something. Oh yeah, Suzy bought two purses - for a dime each! And Emily hit up every free box she saw. lol Sorry, no pix!

In preparation for the book sale, I culled a few books from my overcrowded shelves. In the process, I also organized the 15 shelves of (mostly kid's) books I have upstairs. I don't know why, but the kids never seem to put a book back where it came from! Go figure. I threatened decapitation if they mess with the current organization.

In the evening, David and I headed over to the book sale to help set up and shop the other seller's tables - really the whole reason why I signed up for a table - the presale! I didn't find a whole lot though, a little disappointing. As a thank you for helping and tearing down, I offered to take David to a movie and he leaped at the chance so we went to a 9:40 showing.

OK, I better get off here and marshall the troops. Chores must be done!

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

What movie did you & David see? I haven't even been to one garage sale this year...

Anonymous said...

yeah you didn't saw what movie??- Janet

Debbie Schlarb said...

yeah, what movie?