Saturday, May 9, 2009

Soccer Report

James' coach called just before he and Bob were ready to leave today - the game was cancelled due to water on the field. No call about Suzy's game though and no notice on the website, so we headed off at the proper time.

However, when we got there, the other coach said the field was too wet and he was waiting on the league official to call the game. Yes, there WERE two huge puddles on the field. But, hey, we're talking about 6- and 7- year olds. Do they care if they get wet? David always said he LOVED playing soccer in the rain. If it had been up to me, we'd have played, but the official closed the field and we had no option.

So, I had to tell all NINE of my players that we weren't going to be able to play. They were disappointed. Not only that, we have to play Tuesday night instead. I'm getting rather tired of rescheduling games. And the other parents don't seem too excited about it either.

So, no soccer today. Again.

Headed over to the book sale earlier than anticipated. I made about $45 which I was happy about. I paid $5 for my half of the table and didn't buy too much, so I came out ahead. David and Suzy were with me there and helped tear down the sale and reorganize the room.

Then Walmart. On a Saturday afternoon. Picture the parking lot completely full. Just imagine the crowds. Then think of me, without a list and only a vague idea of the groceries I should be buying. Yeah.

Oh yeah, the movie David and I went to see was 17 Again. Yes, again. Well, for ME, again. David hadn't seen it yet, other than the youtube clips I showed him. He enjoyed it - thought it was funny. There's tons of stuff that the Star Wars geek would appreciate, plus cool cars. (Audi R8, Lamborghini Gallardo - both of which he'd earned on some PSP game he has.)

2 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

That would be pretty irritating about the re-scheduling!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just tried to post on your previous entry.

I think it sounds like you did well at the garage sales! I hope you didn't re-buy the book you loaned me...because I will return it- soon as I'm finished. I was going to take it to the scout ranch last weekend, but, left it behind at home - because I didn't want to get it dirty or smelly like campfire smoke.

Happy Mother's Day,
Mich.