Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Teeth, Tears, Two Teams

So, let's see. Last update was Saturday. Mother's Day was nice. I had breakfast in bed. We went out to the farm to visit Bob's parents. They are getting on in years - both in their 80's, but doing pretty well considering. Two of Bob's brothers stopped by while we were there too. My younger two love the farm and Suzy especially cuddles with her grandpa, which is nice to see.

Oh yeah, on Sunday, I taught my worst Sunday School class ever. Thankfully, it was also my LAST Sunday School class.

Monday and Tuesday we did our regular lessons. Tuesday I had an appointment in Lapeer and stopped at the thrift store and Big Lots afterwards - all by myself. That's luxury! lol

Tuesday night both James and Suzy had 7pm soccer games. I missed all of James' game except about the last 3 minutes, but the coach's wife told me he played hard. They didn't win. Suzy also played well, with lots of energy and our team WON AGAIN, 2-0.

Today was a stay-home day. Lessons, chores, just general knocking about. Most of the kids tried to do double lessons, so we can go garage saling tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Suzy lost a tooth today! Top front! The other one is about ready to go too. Hopefully this means her reading will take off soon!

Some of us watched Holes tonight, which none of us had seen. It was way better than I thought it would be, and it was apparently Shia LeBeouf's first leading role. (Eagle Eye, Constantine, Greatest Game Ever Played, Indiana Jones, and Transformers are some of the other things I've seen him in. Wow, I hadn't realized he's been in so many movies until I started listing them. lol)

The end was happy and touching, and Suzy surprised me by looking misty-eyed and announcing, "This is almost going to make me cry!" Awwww.... That's a first for Suzy, I believe!

I thought I'd better let everyone know that my cell phone does NOT work well in our house. Sad, isn't it? To pay all that money and not be able to use it reliably in my own home. So, if you want to reach us here, call the house phone. It works great everywhere ELSE.

I'm finally reading the next book club book - The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott. An easy read. I have read it before, about 20 years ago. LOL

2 comments:

Wee Pip said...

I remember the whole "loosing tooth - reading" connection theory & hoped it would get my 1stborn reading. I can't remember if it was right, though, lol. Suzie will be adorable with those 2 front teeth gone!

Debbie Schlarb said...

I wanted to see Holes but never got around to it. glad your family liked it!