




Here are some pix of my sweet soccer player Suzanne. And you can see David off to the right in the 3rd pic. He is wearing a grey shirt and shorts, "reffing" the game
James was supposed to have a soccer game Saturday morning, but it was postponed since the other team couldn't get enough players to show up. He should have a game Tuesday and Thursday this week and then he'll be done.
Suzy's last game of the season was at 2pm Saturday afternoon. Although thunderstorms had been initially predicted, the weather turned out hot and sunny, quite easily the warmest game of the season. They lost 0-1.
However, an otherwise uneventful and pleasant game was marred by an unpleasant incident. If you want the sordid details, email me since I don't really want to post them on the internet. Suffice it to say that the other team's coaches annoyed the parent (not me!) of one of my players to the point where she chose to pull her child from the game. In nine years of soccer, I have never seen anything like it. It was a sad way to end the season.
I was happier when I opened the card from my team and found a gift card to a local restaurant! What a lovely surprise!
3 comments:
Nice pics....at least this time they weren't covered in mud!
Great action shots!!
Suzy looks likes a real natural... great form!
It must of been so uncomfortable for everyone when the incident happened.
How did you do at the half off thrift sale? I thought of you and hoped well... I also hope you post pics of your treasures...
Mich.
Post a Comment