Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mid-week Matters

Haven't had much time to blog, but not trying to ignore y'all!

Dryer working well!

Have Tae-bo'd twice - 25 min each. Hoping for a run Thursday. Maybe even with the running club in Lapeer. Have been logging all my calories too.

Essay writing class - first session went great on Wednesday. Thirteen students and a variety of writing levels and abilities, but I feel confident they will all be able to improve!

Bob's been volunteering in the middle of the night at the Refuge homeless shelter this week. Last night he took James along. David wants to go tonight, but we'll see if he can wake up.

I am watching Castle, a TV show Maryann lent me on DVD. It's OK. I wouldn't buy it though, like she apparently did. Maybe I've lost my taste for normal TV? Tried to get hooked on NCIS, but couldn't manage it either.

Have been doing the web content writing steadily this week, completing a couple articles a day. It's mostly research and compiling. Not too much thought goes into it, but it pays a little, which is better than sitting here doing facebook, right? I have gotten good feedback from my boss.

A little snow on the ground here.

Loving Audrey Niffenegger's new book Her Fearful Symmetry. She is the author of The Time Traveler's Wife. I am listening to Symmetry on audio, but grabbed it in hardcover too and have read ahead. LOL

Taking Em out to lunch tomorrow to do some mother-daughter bonding. Have been promising her that for months, and I am just going to do it. NOTHING else on tomorrow's schedule - my Therapeutic Thursday!

Suzy fell on Tuesday while "sledding" in our yard and cut her mouth, rather deeply, in one corner. When she woke up Wednesday though, it was healing nicely already. I had told her mouth injuries heal quickly, so was glad to have it happen that way!

She's been invited to a birthday party on Saturday, so I don't know what we'll do on Saturday as a family or if we will change our plans.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We watched about ten minutes of "Castle" when it first came on....we were put off by the crass mother-in-law or whoever it was and said, "No" to this series.

I hope Suzy is healing nicely. Give her a hug! Love, Mom

Denise Bryant said...

Poor Suzy, I'm glad she's healing fast.

I've heard people say that "Castle" is a great show, but I'm so far behind in all things TV that I'm afraid I'll never catch up. I DO want to try to watch "NCIS", but that may be in like 10 years! hah

Your book reading always sounds like fun, enjoy. And have a great time with Emily!!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Never watched Castle.

Nice idea to go out with Emily - hope you both enjoyed it!