
Lisa, forever
Ok, slight change of plans. I found out about a writing opportunity of 10,000-15,000 words and so I'm going to do that before working on any other writing. It's a historical romance that would be published by a major publisher as an ebook. I've chosen to set mine (where else but) in Ancient Egypt.
Since I was able to write 50,000 words in one month, I think I ought to be able to bang out 10,000 words in a week or two and then take a few days to edit. Then I'll try submitting this directly to the publisher.
Today I did a little research into which part of Ancient Egyptian history would be the proper setting. (You did know that the Ancient Egyptian culture flourished for about 3000 years, right? It needed a bit of narrowing down.) I've chosen the Middle Kingdom and probably the time of a pharaoh named Senusret II.
I also did some research into dress, names, and other cultural issues. I outlined my story (novella, or whatever) - the basic plotline. I've written about 600 words of it so far.
I'd have written more, but I hurt my hand by banging it into a doorframe and it hurt quite a bit earlier. I kept an icepack for a while and it feels better now - at least somewhat. Of course, it's my right hand. I'll probably put ice on it more tonight, in hopes that tomorrow it'll feel just fine. I want to get this story written!
3 comments:
I love Ancient Egypt! And, yes, that kid looks very much like David!!
You never fail to amaze me!! Love, Mom
Ancient Egypt is very interesting!
Post a Comment