Weather Report - Sunny, seventies. Perfect.
Both kids had their pictures today before their games. Noon games meant pictures between 11-12 instead of at 8 am thankfully. Suzy couldn't find her uniform this morning and that was VERY stressful since it was picture day. That was the impetus for something else, as you'll see below.
Suzy's game went well, but the other team scored twice and we didn't score at all. So, it ended 0-2. Suzy was not on her best game today. I have to work on the team PASSING and not just kicking the ball without looking where other players are. It's a very hard skill to get in the U-8 level. Heck, even in the U-10 level, they still need to work on this. So, it's probably a hopeless task, but we'll get to work at it anyway.
James said his team won 3-0. I think. He played 3 quarters and sat out the last. The kids' games ended at the same time today, so I didn't see any of his game.
Bob didn't go to the field today. He wasn't feeling well at all, even got sick to his stomach. I think he overdid it yesterday with painting while we were gone to the Renaissance Festival. (He primered maybe half of the house? I haven't gone all the way around to look. lol) He doesn't pace himself very well. Tends to go to the very end of his strength and then be good for nothing for 3 days. He CANNOT do that with the painting, as we have to make the most of the fall weather. It's killing me to see this beautiful day and nothing happening on the house.
I am not feeling that good either. Just a general malaise and a killer headache. Just took a nap which helped, but not much. At least my appetite isn't impaired. lol But I am not any good for painting either.
We were invited to a fall party today, but we aren't going. Too sick, too much to do, too messy of rooms.
I have several things to do yet today, despite the ill feeling - plan the Sunday School lesson (and hope my headache eases up enough to teach it), go up and get all the clothes out of the kids's rooms (see below), and write. I am sure there's more, but my mind is blanking out.
The kids rooms - what can I say? I am SO tired of it always being messy up there. We used to have the kids' clothes all downstairs in dressers by the laundry and I LOVED it. But we ran out of room back there and the kids had room upstairs, so the dressers went up. But in all that time (2 years now? 3?) they have never gotten a handle on keeping it clean. It is a constant source of stress, irritation, and problems. The uniform missing this morning was the last straw. (Despite it being clean, it was located in a basket of dirty laundry.)
Upshot? The clothes are coming back down. It is not worth it to me to have to constantly be after them for the clothes, to never be able to go upstairs without getting upset over the mess, to be always grounding them because the rooms are not clean. If the clothes are down here, they can't be all over the floor up there and it is that simple.
They'll have their PJ's and underwear and sock drawers up there. That will be a little inconvenient but there isn't room back by the laundry for everything and so SOMETHING has to stay up there. That's all though.I am determined.
Now to summon the energy to get it that far.
And I am HUNGRY!
Off to find food, summon energy, and get something accomplished!
8 years ago
3 comments:
We have our kids' dressers in the basement and it's a lifesavers. Kudos to you for that idea - it will be a LONG time before they ever get clothes in their own rooms...
That would be so frustrating!
Let's hope the whole Wagner family will be feeling tiptop soon! Love, Mom
Post a Comment