Friday, September 12, 2008

Melted Butter

Our long-awaited project is.....



Yep - painting!

What would we paint that would need a 5 gallon bucket of paint?

Yep again - our HOUSE!

We have needed to do this for a couple-three years now and finally have both the money and the time to do it.

Yep - we are doing it ourselves. That mostly means BOB is doing it. The kids are helping. I'm nagging. lol They've been scraping the old paint and re-painting the white trim.

What color? Well, we decided we wanted a change. So, it's the bottom one in the pic here.



Yep = melted butter is the name of the color. I've wanted yellow for several years, but was resigned to grey again. Bob, however, was willing to make the change, so he pushed for that. When pressed for color choices, I specified that I wanted butter yellow, and this chip is the color I picked without even knowing the name of it. lol

Our house has been grey since 1994. Before we moved here, it was white with red trim.




Hopefully before snowfall, I'll be able to post a butter-yellow picture of our house. Won't it look lovely with the fall colors?

6 comments:

Niffercoo said...

That's close to the same color as our house, and I love it! I hope you'll love yours too!

Anonymous said...

Love that color choice! Oh, what a job it is to paint a house! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love the name of the color!

Anonymous said...

The color looks very warm and rich! I didn't realize your house was so BIG! Wow!

Mich.

Anonymous said...

And of course it's going to rain all weekend long! The color looks great, I'm partial to yellow houses.
Christy

Denise Bryant said...

I love the color! I don't envy you painting the house yourselves, but it will save you a lot of money. And your kids are big enough to help, so that's wonderful (most of my kids either stepped in the paint or stared eyeball to eyeball through the windows at my poor neighbor who was doing the work).