Monday, September 8, 2008

Today's Writing.

I am going to start a writing blog (yes, another blog, lol) as soon as I can think of a good name. That way, you don't have to read it if you're not interested, plus readers of my future published books can read it without me having to open up this personal blog to all of them.

Today I wrote 3 more query letters. It's not the writing that takes so long; it's finding the agents to query. I'll wax poetic about that process some other day.

I also typed 1247 words of my new novel, the one set in the 40's. I have about the same amount written that still needs to be typed. I am aiming for this one to be more like 75,000 words (rather than the 50,000 of my NaNoNovel).

I did some research on nicknames and names of people born around 1910-1916.

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

George, Frank, Joseph, Margaret, Rose, Mary, Helen, Robert, William, John, Ruth, Dorothy... Oh, that generation of names! I suppose those ones would be happenin' in the 40's as they would be out and about having babies and fighting in the war.

Anonymous said...

Ruth? Mildred?

Anonymous said...

Verna? Louise? Irma? Ruth? Ida? Esther?
I'm just thinking of my great aunts names from that era!

Congratulations on being self-employed...I hope you give out your new blog address...I would follow it!

Mich.

Anonymous said...

Bertha (Bert?), Myrtle, Pearl, Mable, Gertrude (Trudy???)Dot or Dotty for Dorothy, Maggie for Margaret,Velma, Wilma (Willie or Willa??)Gladys, Iris, Rose (notice a pattern here?), Edith (Edie?) Oh, I am looking forward to hearing about this new book!! Love, Mom