Saturday, September 13, 2008

Soccer Report

Weather - Light rain, 68 degrees, no wind

Lots of rain in the forecast for today made us all wonder if the games would go on as scheduled. Soccer pictures were supposed to happen today, but the photographers cancelled due to the rain. Don't blame them - they have expensive equipment!

A light rain started just before 9:00 - game time! We play in the rain unless there is thunder, lightning, or standing water. David tells me his favorite way to play soccer is in the rain, actually. He's not playing this year, though; rather, he's my assistant coach and is refereeing all my games. Refereeing in the rain doesn't hold the same appeal, though, apparently.

Both James and Suzy's games were scheduled at the same time again. James headed over to his field and Bob watched that game. All eight of Suzy's teammates showed up (one was late), so we had a full team for our rainy game.

Suzy's team played well - gave up one goal in the second quarter, I believe. One girl scored two goals in the fourth quarter. Final score was 2-1, our favor! YAY! Suzy played goalkeeper during the last quarter and blocked the one shot that came her way. GO Suzy! She runs and runs, but has not gotten comfortable enough to attempt a shot.

Because I have nine players and only six play at a time, I have 3 sitting out during every quarter. I try very hard to give everyone equal playing time in every position, but this is harder than it looks! lol

James says his team also won - 2-0. I didn't get to see him play. Suzy's games are shorter than his, but he was out during the last quarter and that's all I got to watch. James says he assisted on one of the goals. YAY James!

Saw two old friends at the soccer field today! One of them is coaching, and the other's husband is coaching.

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Soccer would be fun! Glad your kids enjoy themselves doing it - even in the rain. :)