On Friday I went to visit my friend Michele whom I have known for a number of years but never visited before. What an adorable welcoming restful home she has created! I enjoyed several sweet hours of conversation and crafting with her while David worked with her son on some computer and robotics issues. Friday night I think I read until quite late - Adriana Trigiani's newest.
Saturday, I SLEPT IN. That was nice. Once soccer starts, I can't do that. I had thought about taking the kids to the free matinee, but.... well, I didn't. We cleaned house and then they worked in the yard while I finished up in here. Then Emily, James, Suzy and I hopped into the van to visit two libraries and the thrift store, coming home with a full backpack of books and DVD's and several outfits for Suzy and a dress and a pair of boots for Emily, as well as a bunch of items from their 20 cent bin.
I whipped up spaghetti for dinner and then my friend Marla and I went over to Donna's where some friends from her new church were gathered and I did ANOTHER craft. (Two crafts in as many days? What is the world COMING TO?) We also had some yummy food. The chocolate-covered strawberries were TO DIE FOR. I came home and finished the Trigiani (which IS on my 999 list).
Today I need to hop off the computer and enjoy the lovely lovely weather. We're working on getting the dead leaves and broken twigs out of the yard. Maybe we'll drag down the bikes out of the barn. The kids would like that.
I'll post pictures of my crafts another time.
Also, Jennifer has been gone ALL WEEK to DISNEYWORLD. And she should return home today. I missed her!! :::waves at Jen:::
Sunday - SS, Church, Youth Group (D)
Monday - Lessons, Editing (MVR), IEW Meeting at night? (me)
Tuesday - Lessons, Editing, Soccer (J, last one), KAH mtg (E, S), St. Paddy's Day - wear green
Wednesday - Lessons, Editing, Pioneer Club (D, J, S)
Thursday - Lessons, Homeschool group leaders meeting, Library Program on Underground Railroad (D, E)
Friday - Co-op, Evening Plans Unknown
Saturday - Homeschool Book Fair (with Maryann and Dar), BOOK CLUB! (North and South! Come join us! WHEE!!)
This week I need to finish reading North and South - about 150 pages left, I think. I also should work on the taxes since I have yet to do that. I am going to redo the kids' commission sheets (allowance) to make them monthly instead of weekly.
5 comments:
::::smiling:::: I made your blog! I feel so important!
Hugs!
M
I missed you, too! I can't wait to get all caught up!
Love chocolate covered strawberries!
Kid commissions! That's awesome. I hope you had progress with your leaves, we've got some in the backyard. GRRR
What'd ya find in the .20 cent bin? Take picture-then share!
It has been a nice few days and tomorrow, too!
Thanks for the rabbot pellets and wood chips.
Mich.
Post a Comment