Saturday, March 7, 2009

Emily's Sleepover

Emily had a gaggle of little girls over to spend the night Friday night and my good friend stayed the night as well. That was good as it upped the ratio of adults to children. :-)

It was a lovely warm afternoon so we walked down to the school playground and let the girls run around for a while. I served tacos for dinner and Emily opened many lovely thoughtful gifts and graced each giver with an appreciative hug. After dinner, we made book thongs (see Cornerstone for the details) and had cupcakes and ice cream.

Then they headed upstairs for games and movies while the adult women watched movies and ate popcorn. Lights out at midnight or thereabouts, but several girls whispered into the wee wee WEE hours of the night, leaving all the adults bleary with sleep deprivation. Morning came far too early.

Breakfast was some yummy goodies set out for the girls to serve themselves and they went back upstairs. I haven't ventured up to see the extent of the necessary clean-up, but all-in-all, it was a memorable and enjoyable sleepover party for my twelve-year-old!






3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Ah, sleepovers aren't very restful for the parents. I'll be those girls had a great time, though!

Debbie Schlarb said...

Sounds like quite the party!

Anonymous said...

yay Em--can't believe you are 12!! I love the age of 12--- your party looked like a blast! - Janet