David participated in a youth auction on Sunday as a fundraiser for the mission trip. Each youth was auctioned and will be doing work for his or her purchaser. David (and most of the youth) were evidently auctioned twice.
On Friday before Sister Weekend began, I headed to a thrift store that I love. It's located in the city where my parents live, so I don't get to go there much. The thrift store has a book store located in it now and I bought some books for the kids' lessons. Very nice bookstore!
What I specifically wanted to buy was a pair of black pants and a pair of khakis for myself and tennis shoes for Emily. I found two nice pairs of tennis shoes for Emily (and she is pleased!), one pair for James, and a pair of sandals for myself. I found the pants I wanted (a size smaller!) and some shorts as well, and also several shirts for Bob and for me.
When I headed over to the checkout, they told me that unless I had exact change, I'd have to come back tomorrow to pay since their credit card/check machine was down and so were the cash registers. Odd, eh? So, I did go back the next morning with one of my sisters and my mom.
More Sister Weekend updates coming up this week.... but for now, what's on the agenda this week?
Monday - Lessons, Work (editing or whatever), Try to get the taxes done
Tuesday - Lessons, Nature Walk/Scavenger Hunt, Babysit in the afternoon I think, Begin Training for the online scoring job I've landed
Wednesday - Lessons, Art Class (D/E/J), Work (me) Pioneer Club (D/J/S)
Thursday - Lessons, Work (me)
Friday - Co-op
Saturday - I was invited scrapbooking, but I don't think I'll be able to go. Will decide later on.
Sunday - SS, Church, Youth Group (D)
2 comments:
Good luck on those taxes!
Ummmmm..... time to update! Need more info here. Remember I'm bored and need entertainment! So entertain!
:)
Hugs!
M
Post a Comment