Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday Whining

OK, not really WHINING, but still....

Got a rejection today for my Egyptian short story. I was really expecting that story to sell. So, I am kind of frustrated about that. I know it's part of being a writer, but it's discouraging all the same. More so, because I have a time limit here.

And no, we still have not heard anything about Bob's disability hearing. So much hinges on that.

James was sick yesterday, but never did throw up - just stomach cramps and gas. Today he seems fine. David has been moping about, but he didn't really get sick either. So maybe the bug has weakened as it moves along. I haven't felt right since Sunday, but I never had any real symptoms, just general ickiness.

Bob went tonight to an alternative pain relief seminar with his mom and brother. It's quite a drive, so he won't be back til later. I will be going to church tonight without him.

Went to the grocery store and saw about 7 people I knew! Odd! LOL Got brown and serve rolls for 25 cents a pack! You can freeze them, you know. Stocked up on a few other things too. Pantry is full to the top. Nice feeling!

We should be getting the check for our totaled car soon, so we've been browsing Craigslist for just the right vehicle.

Thanksgiving was an awesome time! I really enjoyed the time with my siblings especially. I didn't get to spend too much time with Mom and Dad despite staying at their house! What time we did have was nice, though. Seeing my kids playing so well with their cousins is also such a blessing! And being at Sarah's dedication was awesome! If you want specifics of what went on, click on Denise's blog - she did a great recap. My other sisters also wrote some about it.

3 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

It's fun to run into people at the grocery store! Sorry about the rejection, that's discouraging. But try, try again...

Debbie Schlarb said...

I never seem to see people I know when I'm out and about! Seeing 7 people is rather odd!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that your work will be published sometime, the right person just needs to see it! Love, Mom