Sunday, December 7, 2008

It continues....

David woke up nauseous in the night, so I ended up sitting with him for a while. It all came to naught, however - the nausea persisted but no vomiting ensued. So, today he is laying around on the couch. He did eat a little and seems better. I still have a headache and some lightheadedness, and some mild nausea yet, but am feeling much improved from Friday night/Saturday morning.

We've watched three episodes this morning of the BBC Robin Hood TV series, which we have from Netflix - campy and funny and with Richard Armitage (North & South) to boot! My three healthy children are on kitchen cleanup duty and then I'm booting them outside for a few minutes. A temperature of 17 degrees means they won't be out very long.

I've been going through cookbooks - need to choose recipes for Christmas baking and make a list. Emily is hosting a table at the Christmas Tea on Tuesday night and she needs to bring a dessert, so we are thinking about that as well.

I have accomplished NO Christmas shopping yet. So, that needs to happen before too long here! My kids have made their lists.

2 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

I believe Saturday will be my Christmas shopping day! I too have completed nothing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a surprise sickness to mess up plans. I hope David is feeling better and that the rest of the family doesn't topple like the Rockette's line of toy soldiers!! Love, Mom