My plans went all ka-blooey last night. I had a pounding headache Friday morning, but I took some Aleve and it went away mostly, so I went ahead with my plans for the evening which were to visit Maryann with my friend Darlene.
Darlene drove. We had a late dinner and ice cream cake to celebrate Dar's birthday. We watched North and South - so awesome. During the movie, I started feeling REALLY sick, I mean REALLY nauseous and crampy. When it didn't go away, I finally confessed how awful I was feeling. Maryann gave me a choice of meds. (She has what appears to be a DRUGSTORE in one of her cupboards.) Keep in mind, I didn't have a car there and it's an hour away, so I couldn't just leave, and I didn't want to ask Dar to leave early.
Went to bed pretty late, since there was really nothing more to do for it, but didn't sleep until nearly 5 am. Tossed and turned because of the cramps. Slept restlessly for a couple hours and then Dar and I came home. The roads were yukky, it was snowing, and 16 degrees. When I got to HER house, my van wouldn't start. Her gallant husband got it going for me and I finally got home around 11:30.
My sister Debbie was supposed to visit today and we were going to go to a game night at another friend's house. I called her and told her not to come. Right now Bob and the kids are at the Game Night! YAY. A quiet house!
I slept for 3 hours this afternoon and I just ate a yogurt. I feel better than I did last night, but still not very good. Bob called my Sunday School Superintendant and left her a voice mail that I would not be there tomorrow, although I haven't heard anything back from her, and of course I have the curriculum.
I guess I'll lie low. I don't even feel like sitting here at the computer. I am going to go lay in the recliner and veg in front of a movie, I guess.
I pray that neither Maryann or Dar's family gets sick because of me. I would not have gone if I knew I was going to have a relapse! I hadn't felt the stomach stuff since Tuesday.
8 years ago
6 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry that you're sick, I hope this quiet day with your family gone will give you a boost to get well fast...
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about the lack of sleep and stomach cramps-- oh and bake the man some cookies who started your van--praying for rest and recovery- janet
I hope you feel better!
I so much hope you are feeling better today. That sounds just awful! Love, Mom
There is a pretty nasty flu going around like what you're describing. Brad's aunt and uncle both had it!
Hope today finds you much better.
Mich.
It's awful to be sick especially when you're trying to be social! Feel better.
Post a Comment