Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Healthier, and Spending Money...

Health is improving here! David woke up with a bad headache and slept most of the morning, but by evening he was bouncy and perky. I feel a lot better. Bob is fighting a cold. The others all seem ok.

I started Christmas shopping tonight online - Amazon and Target. Whenever you shop online, always do a google search for the name of the site you are shopping at and then "promo code" or "coupon code". Tonight I saved a few dollars on shipping because of that.

Books are pouring in from paperbackswap. I saved up my credits and have started redeeming them for gift books for my kiddos. Excellent condition - like new books. I think they'll be happy!

I got myself a Speed Racer Mach 5 Hot Wheels car tonight at the grocery store. Hot Wheels were on sale for a dollar. This one didn't ring up a dollar, but the cashier was kind and gave it to me for a dollar. Aren't I silly? And the Mach 5 came with spearhooks. David was appalled. Speed Racer doesn't USE spearhooks!

I just peeked outside - NO WINTER STORM. Hmmm.....

3 comments:

Debbie Schlarb said...

oh, how terrible....inaccurate spearhooks. :P

Anonymous said...

Always more fun to shop with a "money-off" coupon!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

It's Friday...do you realize you haven't blogged since Tuesday? What's up girlfriend???

Mich.