Tuesday, December 2, 2008

NaNoWriMo Badges - The Rest

I just realized I never posted the rest of my badges here. So, here they are....
The CREATIVE NON-FICTION badge is earned for putting barely-recognized real people into your novel or for plundering real-life events or overheard dialogue. No worries, I didn't do the first. What I DID do was have one of my characters basically give the history of the Gold Rush as dialogue. I think that counts, don't you?




The EUREKA MOMENT badge is for the "a-ha" moment when your story comes together. Yes, I did have that moment when my characters really seemed to be MINE.




The CAFFEINE ABUSE badge - sorta self-explanatory, isn't it? I now have to wean myself from the enormous amounts of caffeine.





This is the WORD-COUNT PADDING badge. But I didn't take part in any padding tricks like quoting songs or a triple-named character or one who stutters. lol So, I am awarding this one to myself for reaching 75,000 words. I think that counts as padding my 50K word count, don't you?



There is only one badge I didn't earn. It's the RANDOM ENDING badge. I just couldn't see having aliens come and steal Susannah away from Daniel. If anyone out there actually DID this, I will mail you my badge!

Right now I have the nine badges I earned stuck to my computer desk with funtak. Now that NaNo is over, I will figure out what to do with them permanently.

1 comment:

Niffercoo said...

Congratulations, Lisa!! I am totally impressed with your word count and with your badges!!