Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Ride


We bought a van on Tuesday to replace our poor squashed Taurus. I was happy to be able to replace the 5-seater with something nice we can all fit in. Our 'new' vehicle is a 2000 Dodge Caravan with 86,000 miles. We were able to bargain, saving $500 off the asking price. The cost was well within the amount we received for the totalled Taurus, leaving us with more than enough to pay the sales tax, license and registration fees, and title transfer.

These are the pix from Craigslist, which is where we found the van listed. I haven't taken any of my own photos yet, since when we brought it home it was dark and right now it's covered in several inches of snow. I will be going Thursday to get the license plate, now that it's insured.

I am most excited to have sliding doors on BOTH sides. This is the first van we've had with that. It's also really nice to have HEAT that works great, since our other van's heater struggles. And it's BLUE!!! YAY!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great find! It looks brand new!

I am happy for you! My dear dad always used to say, "out of bad comes good"... and this proves true again! Congrats!

I love the gingerbread houses below!

Mich

Anonymous said...

A beautiful van! Love, Mom

Christy said...

I did TONS of research two years ago when we bought our van and the Dodge did very well (not a Grand Caravan?). The two sided doors are awesome too!. Good buy!

Denise Bryant said...

Great looking van!!

Debbie Schlarb said...

awesome!!!!

Wee Pip said...

Congrats!! It's beautiful! And the weather in the background looks nice, too (sigh...)