Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Health Update 2

Bob is a little better every day. He spends his day in the recliner and then moves back to bed to sleep. He isn't taking Vicodin anymore though, just his regular OTC meds that he always takes for pain. He is very sore, but I think he'll mend well.

David is about the same, maybe a bit worse. Hard to tell. The cough comes and goes. I am 90% sure it is viral bronchitis. (Did I say this here already? Losing track.....) Anyway, rest, fluids, vitamins, etc... is what the doctor would say. OUR doctor would probably prescribe a useless antibiotic. (Useless because they don't combat viruses, only bacteria.) Anyway, I'm making him sleep more. I gave him the day off lessons on Monday and let him SLEEP IN on Tuesday. (giggles! wondering why? see my post on Cornerstone about bedtimes/wake times... lol) I'm giving him garlic capsules, zinc, vitamin C, echinacea, orange juice, Delsym cough meds (barely touch the cough). I tried tea. That went over like a lead balloon. I will try hot cider today.

I remember having bronchitis when I was pregnant with Suzy. I didn't have any insurance and never went to the doctor for it, so I wasn't officially diagnosed. I coughed for weeks, awful paroxysms. TERRIBLE. (Did I use that word right? No, not "terrible"! LOL)

Oh yeah, my back. Still hurts. It's not a terrible thing, just an annoyance. But like I need one more of THOSE right now. lol I am exercising and going about my business anyway.

OK, I am just procrastinating the writing. I think I am at a painful part in the story and I don't want to write it. I've been avoiding it for days now. I may skip that and write a better part first. That way, at least I know where it's heading.

5 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Glad that Bob seems to be on the mend, slowly but surely.

I think it's great that you're taking such good care of David and not running to the doctor. I'm trying to do that, too, this year. Not just for overused antibiotic RX's but because we have a high deductible health plan now and I'm cheap. Seriously, I like that you put down what you're doing for him, good pointers for the rest of us undoctored souls.

Anonymous said...

I've added you three to my additional prayers list--bronchitis stinks- wash your hands. how about a hot toddy- but you need whiskey!- Janet

Anonymous said...

Honey might help. Love, Mom

Debbie Schlarb said...

oh boy, sounds terrible! glad I'm feeling a-ok right now...thank God!

Wee Pip said...

I'm pretty sure I had bronchitis on my honeymoon:) The hacking and coughing up phlegm was REAL romantic! Time & OTC meds did the trick. Hope David feels better soon! As for writing painful parts in stories - I think it is easier to write these FIRST and then write everything else:) LOL. Of course, that takes some real planning!