Friday, January 2, 2009

To-Do List

STICKY POST - Go read the new posts underneath....

I have some things I want to get done before we start lessons (and I start writing again) on January 5th. Here's my list. NOTE - The list seems to be getting longer!!!

Write some thank you notes Dec 26
Take the kids sledding if the snow cooperates Dec 26
Make up my 999 Reading List Dec 27
Join Sparkpeople Dec 27 (but starting Jan 2)
Go clearance shopping Dec 28
Lesson plans for January (All done, just have to sort the paperwork) Dec 29
David's birthday plans He decided a half-birthday party in the summer would be best, for good weather.
Visit the in-laws Dec 30
Give everyone a haircut Dec 31
Plan any New Year's celebration (Looks like staying home for game night is the plan! I have food! I have games! Wish I had a big house, cuz then I'd invite everyone over!)
Search the house and drive around looking for my son's missing game player - argh (FOUND!!!) Dec 31
Set up a VCR/DVD/TV for the kids upstairs (James found the old DVD player and Bob found a cord. A while back I found an RF modulator at the thrift store, so we're good to GO! They're watching a DVD up there right now!) Jan 1
Hit the 50% off clothes sale at the thrift store (JACKPOT!) Jan 1
redo the job chart (and I am quite pleased!) Jan 1
Redo the schedule (we'll see how it goes..... may be re-doing in another 10 days....) Jan 1
Order pictures for scrapbooking weekend (183 - 4x6 and 13 - 5x7 to be picked up at Meijer sometime after Saturday afternoon) Jan 2
Go to Walmart to do a return (Long long long line) Jan 2
Drive the boys to pick up something they're buying off Craigslist (It was 58 miles away!) Jan 2
Grocery shopping (Walmart on a Friday night with 2 boys and a cart that veered to the right) Jan 2
Order replacement glasses for Emily (warranty!) Jan 2
Go to book club! Jan 3
Get organized for scrapbooking weekend - Will do tonight
Pick up the pictures for scrapbooking weekend - Will do one day this coming week
Type the kids' novels
Pack up Christmas stuff Jan 4
Get rid of some stuff (went through 2 3 drawers, Bob got rid of a bag of clothes) Jan 2
Write my resolutions (my resolutions are encompassed in my 101 in 1001 list) Jan 4
Order paper for co-op class (sent an email to my favorite company - haven't heard back. Will call Monday)
Make a list of 101 things to do in 1001 days (will be posting this list) Jan 4
Read - I've certainly been doing this, but I'm not DONE!
Relax (huh?)
FIND EMILY'S OTHER GLASSES!!! ($5 reward - any takers?)

Will update as completed!

6 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

You go, girl! With all of that, I think "relax" won't get to be crossed off...

Anonymous said...

Well, I see that you have already done at least ONE thing on that very l-o-n-g list! Love, Mom

Wee Pip said...

You sound a little iffy on the "Join Weight Watchers" item. I wouldn't want to do that one, either:) I adopted your method for writing lesson plans and I really like having it all organized! But I do have a question for you about how to organize my math. I'll have to show you that in person, I think.
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a list! Let me know how it turns out? I'm just getting blah again. Fighting it- but blah anyway.

Hugs and good luck with your list.

M

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa..you OWE IT TO YOUR READERS (especially ME) to tell us all about your 1/2 price thrift store bargins!

You could take pictures and show us (me!)...

I'm waiting..........................................................................

Mich.

Debbie Schlarb said...

you're getting a lot done!