Saturday, September 25, 2010

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - Soccer game (E), J & D at a friend's, Running a 5K, Fall Festival in town
Sunday - Church!
Monday
- WORK 4 hrs, Lessons, Gymnastics (S,J,E), Soccer practice (D)
Tuesday - My birthday, WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer practice (E,J,S), Soccer game (D-away)
Wednesday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Game (E-away)
Thursday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Practice (J,S), Clothes Swap?
Friday
- WORK 4, Soccer game (D-home)
Saturday - Soccer games (J,S), Austentatious Movie Day

Helped rescued a little guy today. Downtown at the Fall Festival, the girls and I were looking at some antique cars and saw a guy about 3 or 4 years old trucking down the middle of the street, which was closed off for the festival. He had no shoes on, which caught my attention, but he seemed like he knew where he was going. But when he got to the barrier, he kept right on going! By that time, I knew something was wrong and I was trying to catch up. A woman on the opposite side of the street ran out and grabbed him before he got too far into the road. She and I conferred and neither of us knew him or where he was going. He was very insistent that he should continue, but I told him I'd help him find his mom. So, we went back uptown and talked to the guys running the stage. They were getting ready to make an announcement when a lady waved at him and came running. He'd apparently been in the inflatable game and come out and headed "home". LOL Glad he found his family!

Ran the race today. Was NOT prepared, but did it anyway, thinking I'd walk if I had to. Still got it done, despite the hills, the under-training, and the gravelly last mile and a half. Kickboxing on Wednesday had done a number on my hamstrings, so I've been limping about for two days due to sore muscles and my back was sore when I woke up today. But I pressed on. Not a great time, though at mile 2 marker, I was on my regular pace. The last mile kicked my butt. Understandable though, since the most I have been running lately was 2 miles. I need to train for a 10K. Wonder if I can find one for Thanksgiving. More importantly, can I find time to train?

Bob's van once again is giving him trouble and he thinks it's time to replace it now. We let it limp along for a couple months. Anyone know of a good car or van for sale under $3000? The cheaper the better, in my opinion.

Worked through David's thoughts and my desires on the Washington DC trip and the upshot is that he is not going to participate. I want him to. He doesn't want to. He most emphatically does not want to do fundraising. Well, then. Do I want to push for 6 months entreating my balky son to do his fundraising or do I just let him miss out? I went for the "miss out" path. Sorry, son; it's a battle I'm not going to fight. Someday I think you'll wish you'd gone.

Bob had some kind of a procedure done at the hospital on Tuesday morning. I had to drive him. It was something for his back pain; some kind of injections. More on that later, especially if they help.

Heard Hugh Jackman was back in Michigan filming. Just an hour or so from me - argh! Wouldn't that be something to see?

Last week's soccer report:
David - Mon: LOSS 2-1 (David played defense, I think. I sent him with another family.)
Emily - Wed: WON (1-0) & Sat: TIE 1-1 (Emily played defense.)
James - Thurs: LOSS (5-0) (Way out-matched and two of the goals were kicked in illegally. James played his hardest, but it was just unbelievable.)
Suzy - Tues: LOSS (she says 0-9?!)

They sure lose a lot. LOL

Oh yeah, we visited another church on Sunday, though it was far enough away that it's not really a contender for our regular church-going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on running your race! I think that's great!! Love, Mom

Debbie Schlarb said...

Glad you ran the race anyway - sounds like you're glad you did too.

Wee Pip said...

Kudos on running! You have my admiration! It's not easy to do (pant, pant. huff, huff).