Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekly Preview and Review

Saturday - Soccer games (E & J), Suzy at a friend's, Movie/Dinner with friends
Sunday - Church!
Monday
- WORK 4 hrs, Lessons, Soccer Game (D-away)
Tuesday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer pix (E,J,S), Soccer game (S)
Wednesday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Game (E-home)
Thursday - WORK 4, Lessons, Soccer Game (J), Soccer Practice?
Friday
- WORK 4, Co-op, Soccer practice (D)
Saturday - 5K (Lisa), Soccer Game (E-home), Soccer practice (D)

Another week of soccer every night! LOL Last week, soccer pictures were canceled due to rain and I got Emily a ride to one of her away games, so I actually wasn't as harried as I expected to be.

I now have bifocals. Progressive lenses, to be exact. They were fully covered by my insurance, which was unexpected, but a huge blessing. I didn't have too many frames to choose from, but I'm not picky. Getting accustomed to them has been a little disconcerting though. At least now I can read with my glasses on!

Our pastor resigned recently and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. We are now actively church-hunting. No, we haven't been to church much over recent months, but that had nothing really to do with the church itself. But I don't have the wherewithal to endure another pastoral search - he was the 4th pastor in the 7 years we have attended there. I have a short list of churches to visit and will be making reports.

Some friends and I went to the movies last night to see what we thought would be a cute romantic high school comedy. Um. No. It was not. It was a highly sexualized FAIL. Some funny moments and a lot of good acting were wasted in this distasteful film. Do not waste your time on Easy A.

Let's see - what else. Lots of soccer, obviously. The report:
David - Mon: LOSS 2-1 & Fri: LOSS 4-1 (David played defense in both those games.)
Emily - Wed: LOSS (score?) & Sat: LOSS 1-0 (Emily played defense.)
James - Sat: Tie 7-7 (James made one of the goals. He played forward and midfield.)
Suzy - Did not have a game this week.

I got to chat with an old friend for a while during David's Monday game. She is the administrator of the school his team played against. We taught school together for 4 years back in the day. 'Twas nice to catch up with each other.

I am supposed to run a 5K on Saturday. I feel unprepared for that. I ran two miles on Tuesday and walked 3 miles two other days last week. I suppose I can run and walk if I have to. There's just no time to focus on fitness. I should go running right now. But I don't WANNA.

Well, I have a book to finish and some lessons to plan. So, I've got to go! Have a lovely week, everyone!

4 comments:

Wee Pip said...

I totally understand about church. G said the last 2 weeks of sermons have been amazing, but it's only a temporary speaker until they hire another temporary pastor for the next year. Lots of temporaries in there! Hope you find a church that meets your family's needs. Good luck on the 5K - you can do it!! I need to get into shape. I sound like a broken record. I lost 1 lb after much effort and then gained 2. Not a good trend. I'd like to think that the whole nursing situation is the cause. Hopefully I drop the weight when we wean. I don't think we're weaning for awhile, though.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you like soccer!!! Love, Mom

Debbie Schlarb said...

I wish you well on your church hunt, it can be quite hard.

Soccer galore - glad you all enjoy it!

Niffercoo said...

Can you run around the soccer fields while the kids are playing?

Good luck on your 5K this weekend! I know you can do it... and yes, even if you have to run/walk, it's still the same finish line!! :)